twenty

so whoa, i am twenty. i have been for a while now, a month and some days? i'm not going to lie, there are things i already dont like about this age. i have bills. oh the bills! student loans, car insurance, car payments... not cool. but the blessings that have come with turning twenty far out-weigh my stupid bills. bills aren't important, you know? God will handle that. i have complete faith that He will provide the things i need. over the past month [or maybe few months, but i will just say past month to go with the theme of turning twenty ;)] i have gained, and strengthened, so many relationships. i have said it before, but my heart is overflowing with love. my friends are seriously WONDERFUL! i couldn't ask for anything more from them! these friendships are so much stronger than any friendships i have had in the past [with the exception of amanda, who i have been best friends with since 7th grade. dude, she rocks!]. my heart rejoices when they are blessed, and mourns when they are hurting. i can admit that in my life, i have a track record of inconsistency in praying for loved ones, but recently that has completely changed. i love nothing more than to pray for my friends. for amanda and her classes and homework and labs, and all the stuff that i am so thankful to NOT have to do. for julia and her job at the church, as well as her search for another job. for all my friends at work [because we all need extra, extra stregnth, patience, and grace at such a high stress job :)]. for the high school girls at fusion, and the high school girls that i see at work and around town that don't know Jesus. i find that i enjoy being quiet more than i ever have before because it gives me a chance to pray for all these things. which fills my heart with joy.

2 Comments:

  1. Farah said...
    Hey! I love and miss you and enjoyed our time together!! It is cool to see where God has you at 20! I thank Him for allowing me to know.
    Amanda Otis said...
    You're best thing since sliced bread. I love you girl. We need to chat. We haven't had a good chat in a while (blame PLU, it's alright, I do everyday :D) and I can see from this we are in the same place and loving the same things. What's new though? I LOVE YOU!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home