I decided this year, at the end of the summer, that I would read the entire bible stright through without skipping around. I have tried this a lot, and can't even count how many times I have read about the first 10 chapters of Genesis. But this time I was serious. I have read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and I am about halfway through Numbers. It is probably one the hardest things I have ever done, but this is amazing how God keeps me doing it...

So I read about 20 minutes a night, besides doing whatever is in that EC magazine thing, and whatever other book I am reading for school or whatever. I put aside at least 20 minutes just for this. Sometimes it is so boring, and I can't concentrate at all. Right as I start to drift off or stop reading, God shows me something amazing I had never noticed. A verse that applies to something I have been dealing with, an SAT word that we are learning in College Bound english at school, or most recently my own last name in a list of "son of's". There have been a lot of recent conversations about things where what I read the night before is a direct reference to what we were talking about or doing. Its amazing, and I can't wait to read more, and have more instances where what I read, God shows me in another area of my life. Its great.

5 Comments:

  1. normalisboring (aka tanya t) said...
    you are cool. i like you a lot. almost as much as i like katy russell.
    Meagan Ruff said...
    almost??
    Farah said...
    I'm so glad you are sticking with it. It can get hilarious!!!!!!!!
    Katy said...
    yeah. almost. i'm the best.
    Amanda Otis said...
    I am doing the same thing! Although I am still trying to stick with it cause it is hard. Buuut God does show you amazing things in the process that keep you going! I love you!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home