I spent this weekend in Moses Lake with my family [and Amanda O.]. We have stayed at this golf course every June for 7 years so my dad can play in an annual golf tournemet. A lot of our family friends go too, and most of them have kids. Its basically the coolest event of the year, and luckily this year we get to do it twice! [ We're going back for a different tournement, same people, in July].




Anyways... Amanda and I spengt the entire weekend laying by the pool, jumping in every 15 or so minutes to cool off. Amanda turned completely red on her front side... her legs matched my shorts!!! Thankfully I tan pretty easily, so I escaped teh redness. When the heat got to be too much [ sometime Sunday afternoon when the car temperature read 98], we headed for the Air Conditioned camper to watch movies.




Every night we choked on all the bug spray we put on, and Amanda STILL got bit. At least twice. We sat around in a whole nuch of chairs by our snowmobile trailor... and all the adults just talked about random stuff. We also have this bean bag toss game that Amanda and I pretty own at. We beat Jarvis and Chevy. But Chevy is pretty good, he beat my dad. And my dad plays a lot.




So I think the best part was probably last night... Almost everyone went home except us and the Johnsons. My dad and Jim [Johnson] and Jarvis and Wylie [Johnson], went golfing [ once it cooled down to about 90 ], and we all went along and watched. Jarvis is kind of obsessed with Bob Marley for some reason, so the entire time they were golfing we had Bob Marley on the Golf Cart stereo. I also drove Amanda and I through the sprinklers... and when we got done, we went for a late night swim. We had dinner at 10... which is late but it was cool enough to start up the barbeque. It was probably the best dinner I've ever had, just because I was so hungry [ hot dogs, caesar salad, PASTA... I don't remember what else].




Now we are finally home and what do you know... its just as hot in Western Washington as it is in Eastern Washington. Oh well. I like it.

2 Comments:

  1. Farah said...
    Amanda has sweet (bugs like it) and fare (sun hates it) skin like me. I feel for her. I'm am like a hermit here;avoiding the sun and the bugs. I'm glad y'all had a great time!
    Amanda Otis said...
    So I got me one of these now! Haha. That trip was amazing, besides the fact that yes I do have sweet and fare skin. Oh well though still had a blast spending the weekend with yoU!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home