its been a while.

The sun is out! I am so thankful for that! Here is a slight picture of what I am up to at this very moment:

First off, I smell like sweet pea, vanilla, and coffee. Not the good coffee smell unfortunetly. I can smell my shampoo [the sweet pea], I have been constantly putting on lotion while here at the drive thru [the vanilla], and my work clothes permanently smell like coffee. The shop's scent itself reminds me of Christmastime. Coffee, chocolate, a variety of syrup flavors, and this hint of heater smell. I am not really sure if thats a good thing, but yes you can smell the heater.
It is SUNNY now. I am so happy! I feel like I haven't seen the sun in years! And that if it hadn't come out this morning, I would have just given up on ever seeing it again! There is snow covering the ground, weird for Washington in general, but definitely weird for the end of MARCH! Meridian is not too busy. Cars keep driving by with snow piled on the roofs and in truckbeds.
Its warm here inside [thanks to the above mentioned heater], and it makes me want to go to sleep. But as soon as I open the windows to talk to customers, the air is cool and crisp. And clean. If that is possible. I think it is.
I am currently listening to Love is Reaching by Candlefuse. Its streaming through my computer into the speakers of the shop. Its a sweet set-up. Soon though I will be interupted by a loud bell, informing me that a car is pulling up to the window. Right now its pretty peaceful, but as soon as I start someone's drink, the whizzes and clangs of the espresso machine start in. The loud bang of me dumping the portafilter's used espresso, the dings of the shot glasses banging together to get rinsed out, the machine itself's humming, and the sound of paper ripping as I steam milk all fill this tiny shop. After handing off the drink and wishing them a good day, the shop is quiet again.
Smell, smight, touch, sound.... taste! I wish I could explain some amazing drink I made myself, but thats not the case. I am being boring and drinking water. Therefor, I taste water.

So there you have it. My life right this moment. :)

1 Comment:

  1. Farah said...
    Great detail about your life at the moment.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home