All this time away from home has really done a number on me. I spent so much time just NOT sleeping, I was completely over-tired. Fortunetly that didn't have an effect on my experience at camp. Everyone who has ever been has only amazing things to say about the three day camp: you'll laugh, you'll cry, the food is gross, the hike is hot, the ropes course is awesome, the classes are long, you'll talk to people.

As for me: I laughed. During our trust building activities, meals together, and just playing games in our free time... I got to know a lot of people from school I would usually not choose to hang out with for three days. I don't think I have laughed that hard that much in a long time. I cried. People shared so many stories that broke my heart. They have so many hard things going on in their lives that I can't believe I EVER complained about not being allowed to go somewhere on a Friday night. The food WAS gross. :] Katy and I li ed off of Ritz cracker dinosaurs and chocolate chip poptarts. I also LOVED the oranges. Mmmm the way to my heart is through oranges. I love them!!! The Hike WASN'T hot. One bonus to staying in the Alabama heat for two weeks was coming back to the Washington summer. While everyone here thought that Friday afternoon was too hot to take a 2 mile hike, I thought it was enjoyable. The ropes course was AWESOME. Th elower ropes course was where I learned to really trust a lot of my classmates. The higher ropes course was where I got to show people they could trust me, and I was able to push myself to climb some interesting trees. My hands were sore that afternoon from the cables, but it was SO worth it. The classes were long. Gosh they were long. I felt bad, but my exhaustion caught up with me as I fell asleep through an entire movie. I didn't feel too bad though, Mr. Bell fell asleep too :]. I talked to people. I had a lot of time to just have genuine conversations with people. It was great. When a couple guys came into our cabin and asked us [me and some other girls inmy cabin] why we believed and followed God when we couldn't see Him, I got a chance to tell them about the wonderful things God has done in my life.

The whole camp overall was a great experience. On the second night, Mr. Matz informed us that we could stay up all night if we wanted. By then I was so exhausted that I took a shower and fell asleep at 10:30PM. I kind of felt like a little kid since I was the only one sleeping, but my bed was SO comfortable. :]]

2 Comments:

  1. Farah said...
    Sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proud of you for sleeping.
    isbo said...
    to update on your last blog (i wrote on this one cuz i didn't think you would check the other one) we are working towards a name. as soon as we decide, i will have it on my blog, and i will explain the meaning and stuff.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home