different

I guess this whole being far away from everything is kinda weird. I love being able to be with the Isbells: just driving around with Farah, picking up Dax from his class at church, and listening to David speak to a group of teenagers. I also love being with all the other Isbells: going ot Wal-Mart with Karen, being able to stay with Shea, and hanging out with Matthew just about every night. I love how everywhere I go I am constantly meeting new people and seeing new things. It amazing how people can be in the same country and things can be COMPLETELY different. A baskteball goal? Yeah I have never heard of one. At the church David spoke at the other night, some of the guys thought I was crazy for calling it a basketball hoop. Also I can't forget about the heat. Although I do not think it is as bad as everyone says, it is definately different than the summers at home. The air just seems thicker, and after walking from Shea's house to the Isbell office today, I definately started seeing how much different it could be. I keep thinking that I can just hop in teh car and drive right into town [Orting], or that any second my mom will call and wonder where I am... and if I am going to be home for dinner. I guess I will be back to normal next week, huh?

4 Comments:

  1. normalisboring (aka tanya t) said...
    OK, BABYSITTER LADY..I'M READY FOR YOU TO COME HOME NOW!! MISS YA
    Anonymous said...
    i miss you!!!!! love, mom
    Dylan said...
    i know...you better come home real soon b/c we are gonna eat some pasta and work on that video for everyone...you missed out on amandas trip to nepal...i saved all the pictures on my computer so i will show you when you get back...it was pretty sweet...
    Amanda Otis said...
    I am glad that you like it over there, I like it over there too...A LOT. But I miss you like crazy and want you to come back here to this far away land called your home!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home