Fusion yesterday was AWESOME! It seems like we always have a different feel on Tuesday nights... whether there are different kids or its just different weather. George kind of went over what he talked about last week, the life of David. Then we had small groups. Small groups are always my favorite, probably why I am the 'small groups intern'. haha. Anyway our discussions in the small groups were great, and I am loving building relationships with all these students. After Fusion... all the leaders go over to George's house and we have some kind of dessert type food, and watch The Office on DVD. This week it was really chill. Almost ALL the leaders came, which doesn't usually happen. We decided on rootbeer floats, and sat around in the living room with quiet music discussing the difference between Anberlin and Dashboard Confessional. Just as Aaron was imitating the lead singer of Dashboard... we heard this terrible crash. I swear it was in slow motion. We all kind of looked around at each other... and then RAN outside. Now, George, Alex, and Michael live on a semi-busy street in downtown Puyallup. As we made our way outside, we saw we at first we thought was an SUV, literally backing out of the side of my car... and speeding away down 7th. George ran after the car trying to get the license plate number, and Andrew jumped in his car and sped after the hit and run driver. My old, but well loved Pontiac... nicknamed Ariel by my small group girls because of its green color... was now, umm... basically dead. There was no more trunk of backseat... and the bumper was just chillin in the middle of the street. The police came, and about 45 minutes later they found the guy's truck [it actually wasnt an SUV] abandoned at an AMPM.


I know this whole thing sucks... I mean, I don't have a car, Krystle and Alex's cars are banged up a little [they were parked in front of me so my car kind of ran into theirs as well], but I am not going to lie, its kind of cool to see a wrecked car up close when you know no one was hurt at all. Its just a car, you know? Like... it costs money but its just a car. I am not even really sure where they took it.


After everything was over though, my car was towed away... the police left, we went inside to just chill and watch the Office [yeah we might be addicted]... and the music in the house was still playing. Want to know what song was playing when we walked inside? Crash into me by Dave Matthews Band. haha. Oh man, I laughed pretty hard.


3 Comments:

  1. Katy said...
    Next time your car gets totalled please post the story above the pictures. It's very scary to see banged up car and not know the story. Wow.

    Who discusses the difference between Anberlin and Dashboard?
    Meagan Ruff said...
    the high school leaders of fusion. haha. george actually said "this guy [anberlin] sounds like the guy from dashboard confessional." it started a long debate. george lost.
    Katy said...
    Oh George, you have so much to learn.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home