There you have it... my new place of work. On the first floor of some new-ish [to you Farah] Puyallup condos, and next to the senior activity center. [Sidenote: the senior center has a hula-cising class. Exciting? Looks like it... according to one lady, anyone, any age can take the class. SWEET!] I don't really know when this picture was taken, I just randomly found it online... but yeah, there it is. Beautiful huh?

So this Wednesday was my first day. I also worked Thursday and Friday. All days were training days. Unlike the boring books we went through training at Starbucks... Forza was fun! Like I think I said in a previous post, two girls I met in the interview process also got the job, which I am really pumped about!!! Actually there is a total of five of us... but yeah. Here are some of the highlights of this work week:

-My co-workers [new people just hired like me, and the people who have been there forever] are awesome. Most I know from just around town, Forza [before I got the job], Bethany... you know. But it is exciting to actually get to know them!! Everyone is so funny. I laughed so much at work, I couldn't believe it. :)
-I was taught how to pull the perfect shot... which is a pretty cool process. I also had to taste the difference between a 'good' shot and a shot that has gone bad. I am not kidding when I say the bad shot taste like my guess of what it would be like to chew up a cigarette. Ewwww. haha.
-I memorized the recipes for soooo many different drinks. More than I ever thought I could memorize in two days! [Someone test me... I should be a pro by now!]
-I re-learned how to properly steam and foam milk. I discovered that I might be a bit short for the bar. I was on the tips of my tip toes to see what I was doing while steaming the milk, so I might need to get some taller shoes or something! haha.
-I met some new people! Customers actually. I think this might be one of my favorite things... meeting people. I can't wait to get to know all the people who come into Forza!!

I can't really think of what else to say without writing out every conversation and situation that went on. I am so so so pumped about this job! Can you tell?

5 Comments:

  1. Amanda Otis said...
    I am soooo happy you got the job! I know how happy you are too haha! :D Basically I am going to come in every day to visit you haha.
    Amanda Otis said...
    P.S. I just still can't get over that my car is in that picture haha. Sweetness!
    Crystal Corn said...
    This place looks SO cool!
    Farah said...
    I love knowing all this and I'm excited for your journey; I am writing back --patience my friend, patience!
    Meagan Ruff said...
    WHOAAAA. how did you know i am being impatient!?! you can read my mind you crazy person. i have been checking this blog and my e-mail about 12 times per hour to see where you are. hahahahahha.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home